Osteo arthriis

Options
Roy1964
Roy1964 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:05 in Living with arthritis

Hi everyone,I had my left hip replaced Nov 2018 my right hip is now showing signs that it's going the same way.I have Osteo arthritis can anybody reccomend anything to help with the pain .is there an alternative to naproxen .

Comments

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,628
    Options

Hi @Roy1964 lovely to meet you and welcome you to the Versus Arthritis Online Community.

I am sorry to hear your hip is causing you so much pain at the moment. I am attaching some information about treatments for Arthritis. There is a whole section about medication in there. I hope this will help until some of our members come along to share their experience with you.

Take care and best wishes

Ellen

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options

Hello, there are alternatives to naproxen but your GP is the one to advise about that. Do you also take a stomach protector? I have widespread OA and it is playing up today due to the low pressure weather.

What exercises do you do to keep your leg muscles stronger and more flexible? I exercise daily using resistance bands and always do my physio exercises that date back to 2002. For pain relief I take 30/500 cocodamol which dull enough to allow me to get on: I keep those to a minimum so I have room to maneouvre when things worsen. DD

Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben