Do I have arthritis/AS?

Options
I started suffering from severe stiffness in my early 20’s(now 39) in the morning and at night, muscles feel so tight to me but to others they dont😒 I have tested positive for HLA -B27 gene marker, it feels more muscular than joint pain, I feel so fatigued all the time, and to be honest I’m getting really down with it😒, is anybody else like this??

Comments

• YvonneH
    YvonneH Member Posts: 1,076
    Options

Hi Ginge80,

Welcome to the online community it's great to see you here. There is information on the NHS site re HLA-B27

Although that says that most people with AS also have this gene it doesn't say that 9 out of 10 people who have this gene have AS, there could be a million people with the gene and 10 of those have AS so please don't think anything dreadful is about to happen. With all these things it really is best to go to your GP and start investigations. Is that how you got the information about the gene? Likewise if you had an inflammatory arthritis after 15 years of no treatment it is likely that you would have more symptoms.

However you have something and you sound like it's time you knew what it was. On the website there is information on arthritis and other conditions - as you think it is maybe muscular it might be worth thinking about those conditions like fibromyalgia

Do keep in touch with us and let us know how you get on.

Do also have a look around the forum and see if you can post to help support other members.

Take care

Yvonne x