Question.

Hello my name is Stefan I'm 29 years old. I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask these questions but at the moment I don't think contacting the GP would be apropriate. My problem is my elbow joint crack and click everytime I move my arms they make a clicking and griding sound and the right arm. If I shake it it fells like there is a bone moving in my elbow. I do not have any pain or stiffness or swelling. I suffer from generilezd anxiety and panic attacks and I have spen most of my life at a desk with extremely bad posture and very tense muscles. Is it possbile that the constant clicking noises from my elbows be a early form of osteoarthritis ? What would be the correct path to figure out the health of my joints ?

Comments

• YvonneH
    YvonneH Member Posts: 1,076

Hi @Stefan29

Welcome to the online community, it's great to meet you.

You are worried about your right elbow, which isn't hurting but is making clicking or grinding noises. If these aren't painful it's highly likely they are fine.

However if you know you spend lots of time sitting down at a desk to work it will definitely be worth you taking a bit of time to check your habits and posture to prevent any problems in the future. You need to move around regularly, do stretching exercises, keep hydrated. Being in one position or being tense can lead to anxiety so perhaps there is a link there.

You have posted in the Helplines area of the community so someone will be along shortly to give further advice too

Take care

Yvonne x