How do I keep going

Options
I work part time in agony all over. Some shifts I’m moving about some I’m standing / sitting at a till. By the time I get to go home and get home I can’t move I can’t feel my knees or feet I can’t get in the bath for a soak and sitting on the sofa is a journey in itself. I struggle to stand and when I do I can’t walk I end up hanging onto furniture etc until I can let go at night I have to take medication to sleep or I just don’t and even then I get breakthrough pain.
I have good days but these last five days have depressed me terribly sometimes I pray I don’t wake up to be free.

Comments

• Bluebell7
    Bluebell7 Member Posts: 41
    Options

Hi,

welcome to the forum, I have inflammatory arthritis and fibromygia. So I do get your pain.

I was like you before I went onto more meds, however they do have side effects. Please get help for your depression, talk to your GP. It can worsen pain depression. Things often do improve, I know it's hard keeping positive helps. What meds are you taking and what type of arthritis do you have? I hope you feel better very soon. Hugs

• Gillyb
    Gillyb Member Posts: 9
    Options

@Bluebell7 thank you for your reply

I have osteoarthritis / degenerative disc disease

My doc did pressure point test for fibromyalgia but didn’t think it was that

When I have my back go into spasm I’m out of action for a week and given Tramadol Diazipam

I’m also on Amitriptyline and naproxen I can’t have too many strong meds as I work in retail and have to do till work no option not to I’m afraid. I’ve been ‘out of it’ many times.

The bones in one foot have degenerated so much it’s hard to bend my foot to walk and the other foot the ties have parted badly.

My knees hip lower back shoulders are excruciating. I saw my doctor before this Covid-19 outbreak and she just offered me different tablets pregabalin but after 2 I had severe toilet issues ! So stopped them.

As we cannot see a doctor till this virus has gone I have to wait I’m afraid.

Many thanks hope your ok in these difficult times. 

• Bluebell7
    Bluebell7 Member Posts: 41
    edited 1. May 2020, 21:43
    Options

Hi,

Im sorry things are tough for you, must be hard working in retail. With standing etc. Some Drs are doing telephone consultations. Lots of very friendly members on the forum. I'm doing okay thanks for asking.

Hugs

• Terina72
    Terina72 Member Posts: 6
    Options
    Gillyb
    I’m in the nearly the same situation. I’m aching all over, knees are locked and I work at a till too but with social distancing n every other till open there is not enough tills for all staff so on thurs I had to do stock replenish and I could hardly walk after and I have taken today off. The stress is getting to me big time, I’m already on anti depressants. I can’t have injections as I have v poor blood and prone to haematomas. I just don’t know what to do. I’m on max tramadol and paracetamol daily.
    Terina72
  • Gillyb
    Options
    :'( stock replenish is awful to do all that bending lifting heavy stock I also at the moment do door marshal so standing on one spot for an hour kills me. I can’t take time off as I’ve not long had four months off after shoulder operation my company say they understand but they don’t three absences and your reprimanded if not let go. Bad I know.
    May I ask how old you are ? I’m 65 in a few months and all this started after a fall 11 years ago and while I know I’m nowhere as bad as some people it hurts.
    I feel so sorry for younger people who will have this get worse over many many years and I try to keep that in my mind so I’m not such a cry baby. Thank you for replying please take care at work I also have two flights of stairs to deal with between shop floors.
    Take care
    Gillyb
  • bettyboo
    bettyboo Member Posts: 4
    Options

I have pain killing gel from GP.  to rub on my feet which helps slightly. Have you tried alternative meds such as I think its called CBG oil. I also take fish oil capsules. I am not saying it all works but anything is worth trying.

• Gillyb
    Options
    Hi yes I’ve heard of cbc oil but read a lot of comments on it so decided against it. I use voltarol gel but doesn’t do much I am looking into a chilli paste I saw somewhere but to be true the bones in my foot are almost done I suppose the next step is bone fusion.
    How are you today ? I’m feeling a smidgeon better in myself the sun helps lift you.
    Take care please
    Gillyb