Psoriatic arthritis

Options
PatE
PatE Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:05 in Living with arthritis
Hi new to group, I have psoriatic arthritis I was wondering if there is any other with this condition on this site.

Comments

• Al
    Al Member Posts: 169
    Options

Hi and welcome,

It's great to meet you, you have come to the right place for information and conversation with others like you living one or more forms of arthritis

There are many here more than happy to share their experience as you share yours.

This link is for general information regarding any type of arthritis

About arthritis

https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis

Find out more about the different conditions, treatments and how to manage your symptoms.

if you have a specific question please post in the Living with Arthritis discussion or for general chat in the Chit Chat discussion. Just join in wherever you feel comfortable

Al

• Emmab076
    Emmab076 Member Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi i have psoriatic arthritis too.
  • Scb44
    Scb44 Member Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi, great to meet someone else as seems almost unheard of in comparison to Rheumatoid and osteo.
    I have had symptoms with joints and various skin issues for years so at least I now have a diagnoses which I think I didn’t believe initially but when came off meds notice all pain coming back etc so guess have to accept it . How do you manage it?
  • Emmab076
    Options

Hi again. I've had psoriasis for 18 years now. Got diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis just before Christmas and your right most people haven't heard of it. I'm on methotrexate but to be honest it's not great. What about you??

• Scb44
    Options
    Yes on and off methotrexate since Sept as side effects like nausea then few infections. My Rheumatology review was cancelled due to covid so went back on them. I don’t really have psoriasis but get blisters spots on soles feet🤷‍♀️. Taking folic acid helps with symptoms from methotrexate but may consider injections instead as ?? better. Only painkiller I use is codeine occasional at night as only one that helps me sleep. I started gentle yoga but all classes on hold. I was getting Steroid injections but sure made me put on weight ....
  • Emmab076
    Options
    Wow. So ive been on methotrexate since new year. I have a review this month that will be over the phone. They have said if there is no improvement that they will move me to injections. My knee is seriously swollen this weekend and was thinking of asking about a steroid injection but if they pile on the weight i think ill give it a miss. Im diabetic too and have other complications but the arthritis is taking over my life right now.
  • Scb44
    Options
    The steroid injection helps for a while to let methotrexate kick in so might be worth it. My pain all over so just have injection in arm rather than into joint. I have hypothyroidism so guess it all linked as auto immune. My doc said it like your body has flu every day as always fighting itself so that why exhausted. Good luck with follow up😊
  • Emmab076
    Options

Thanks. Yes the fatigue can be pretty bad for me at times. The rheumatology nurse told me That's the bit they struggle most with. Is it because of the medication or the arthritis?? Not had a straight answer yet.. That's the thing when you get one autoimmune disorder you tend to get other complications too. It seems to be more my feet and legs at the moment. It's driving me crazy.

• YvonneH
    YvonneH Member Posts: 1,076
    Options

Hi there,

I've been reading your comments and wonder if you've managed to find this on our main website

It might be helpful and it also has a link to our general information re PsA

I have other autoimmune conditions and I think the fatigue, which for me is like somone unpluging my energy source is part of the condition, bt the meds can make it worse. It tends to be a balancing act which does take time to get right, and quite a long time as some meds need time to build up in the system or to get the body used to it and therefore the side effects diminish.

Hope I've been helpful

Yvonne x

• JacquelineMarie
    Options

Hi

It's nice to hear other people have Psoriatic Arthritis and are in pain and feeling tired like me. I've only recently been diagnosed but it looks like I've had it since I was 12 years old it started in my knees with burrs which ultrasound removed but in the last 12years it's got significantly worse - in my spine, hips elbows feet, ankle etc. Has anyone tried Ciclosporin please? I also use arnica cream as this helps to take some of the pain away. Its the tiredness that gets me especially as I am teaching nursery aged children!