Hello I'm Helen

Options
Hel2one
Hel2one Member Posts: 2
Hello to everyone. This is the first time I've really talked about my arthritis. I have a very loving, caring and understanding partner but I feel if I talk about how my body feels to me that I am "whinging ". Does anyone else feel the same.

Comments

• Al
    Al Member Posts: 169
    Options

Hi and welcome,

It's great to meet you, you have come to the right place for information and conversation with others like you living one or more forms of arthritis

There are many here more than happy to share their experience as you share yours.

This link is for general information regarding any type of arthritis

About arthritis

https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis

Find out more about the different conditions, treatments and how to manage your symptoms.

if you have a specific question please post in the Living with Arthritis discussion or for general chat in the Chit Chat discussion. Just join in wherever you feel comfortable

Al

• Grace111
    Grace111 Member Posts: 30
    Options

Hi Helen

I really do understand how you feel, and as we don't get better in the way that people with an acute illness do, it can fee like we go on. However I have found that having some short hand for family and close friends helps. Hubby knows I am really struggling if I say I am feeling pants. That way he knows not to have too many expectation of me.

It is hard though because those whose don't have it can't really get it. That's why I am glad I have friends with arthritis because we can really talk about it and everyone knows we are not really whinging we are just sharing. That is also the value of being on here

Welcome 😊

Grace111

• Janejr
    Janejr Member Posts: 4
    Options

I feel the same. I get sick of hearing myself saying I'm in pain. Think I've said it that much it falls on deaf ears now and the people around me ignore it . But if I keep it to myself they will ask why you so down or not talking or snappy. I think that unless your in pain a lot you can't really understand what it's like. Acceptance is a great thing to have but doesn't help the pain just your way of getting to grips with it. It's 1.30 am and I'm awake and yes because of pain but it is as it is...

• Jobey68
    Jobey68 Member Posts: 2
    Options

I try really hard to not keep complaining but it’s with me all day every day and impossible to hide and ignore, I have a lovely supportive husband and great friends and work colleagues who help me no end but it’s hard when it affects every aspect of your life to not talk about it but yes I completely understand that at times you even bore yourself with it!