Hi

Options
Trayche22
Trayche22 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:05 in Living with arthritis
Hi I am new to this forum.I am 44 years old. I have an osteoarthritis. It started 4 years ago. Initialy in my left knee. Now I have pains in my knees, wrists, shoulders and hips. Some days is managabale but some days it is very bad. My passion was going to gym , but now I cannot find a right workout. I try and after each time I am getting more dissapointed.

Comments

• YvonneH
    YvonneH Member Posts: 1,076
    Options

Hi @Trayche22

Welcome to the forum, it's lovely to meet you.

You have a problem with pain due to having osteoarthritis in multiple joints. Now it's hard to find a way to exercise that doesn't end up badly.

We have a booklet on our website that has information on OA, here's the link

I'm in much the same situation as yourself, I've found pacing really helpful in working out what and how much I can safely do. Basically you start off very gently, the plan is that when you finish your exercise you shoud be back to the same pain levels as before you started within 20 minutes. It can take a while to work our and it can be a bit depressing but itt will enable you to move forward and over time you will be able to do more.

Do post back and let me know how you get on, and if you find the information useful.

Take care

Yvonne x