Hi newbie

Options
Choco
Choco Member Posts: 4
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:05 in Living with arthritis

Hi everyone been told I have RA this year in my hands spine knees shoulders 😔tried methotrexate but didn’t work for me and then sulfasalazine and this is not working and was taken off yesterday so anyone know what’s the likely next contender?

Comments

• AlanM
    AlanM Member Posts: 46
    Options

Hi @Choco

welcome to the forum. It's good to see you here.

You have Rheumatoid Arthritis in your hands, spine, knees and shoulders and have tried a number of medications which haven't worked for you and would like to know about other possibilities.

It might be worth talking to our Helpline (0800 5200 520) where you can discuss your circumstances and possible medications. And you can explore the Rheumatoid Arthritis information on our website, https://www.versusarthritis.org/search?query=Rheumatoid+arthritis+%28RA%29.

Talking to others on the forum will be important as you seek the right solutions and we look forward to seeing you here.

Best wishes

Alan

• Choco
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome 😊
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options

I began with sulph, then sulph with meth, sulph with leflunomide and sulph with cyclosporin. I have psoriatic arthritis (that damages the joints in a different way to RA) but the meds for all the auto-immune arthritises are the same.

What do you mean by 'work'? After many years on here I know the complete cessation of all symptoms etc. is incredibly rare. DD

Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Choco
    Options

Not working meaning to many side effects my liver didn’t tolerate the sulph.