Hi from Poppy22

Options
Poppy22
Poppy22 Member Posts: 1
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:05 in Living with arthritis

Hello I have Osteoarthritis in my left hip and knee. Both are inoperable due to other health issues. I am in continual pain and have troubled sleep pattern. I am thinking of trying CBD, Has anyone else tried it? does it ease the pain?.

(I also have Spinal Stenosis, Pleural Thickening Lungs. etc.)

Comments

• YvonneH
    YvonneH Member Posts: 1,076
    Options

Hello @Poppy22

How lovely to meet you, thank you for joining our online community.

You are struggling with pain and sleeping, it's no wonder you came here, I'm sure we will be able to help you.

Here is the link to the versus arthritis website relating to CBD oil and other complimentary medicines

Here is some information collected from members who also have sleep issues some of which might help you to sleep a lettle longer or more deeply

I find an electric blanket really useful and I also put on the radio low but not so low I can't follow the words because that just made me concentrate harder to make them out! It seems to occupy my mind that wants only to think of pain and other issues all negative which helped me drop off. My GP has given me amitriptyline which is a muscle relaxant as well as anti depressent which is helpful.

Do take a look around the other discussions and post wherever you feel comfortable, please also let us know how you get on

Take care

Yvonne x

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,424
    Options

Hi Poppy

I am so sorry they can't operate and help you that way 😕

I haven't tried CBD oil because I tend to only use what Drs prescribe! Others on here have though. I have been prescribed amitriptyline too like Yvonne just for at night. It relaxes your muscles and does help you sleep too. In fact the first time I took it i didn't wake up until 2pm the next day. Not a problem now though😀

I also have my painkillers via 7 day patches (Bu-trans) and anti-inflammatory Arcoxia which is a 24 hour tablet. This means pain doesn't always 'break through in the night.

Take care