Hiya !

Options
Madwoman50
Madwoman50 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:05 in Living with arthritis
I'm Claire am new to osteo arthritis & this forum , just thought connecting with like minded people would be a positive move , as understanding the challenges for those close to us <3 <3 who do not have arthritis is difficult , x

Comments

• DebbieM
    DebbieM Member Posts: 33
    edited 7. May 2020, 15:47
    Options

Hi @Madwoman50

A very warm welcome to the forum - we are glad to have you here and you are in the right place for connecting with others with arthritis!

You have said that you have Osteoarthritis. We have some information over on our website you may find helpful:

You are right - you have made a really positive move in reaching out to connect with others and we would love if you would share how you manage your challenges with others in some of our forums e.g. Living With Arthritis might be a good place to start:

Thanks so much for joining us! We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Debbie x

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options

Hello, I am not new to arthritis, I began my first in 1997 then osteo was diagnosed in 2011. I was 37 in '97 and therefore 61 now, well-versed in meds that achieve little and me that achieves much by tempering my actions to the conditions of the day: today is a severely grim one so I am in bed. Tomorrow I plan not to be but time will tell. 😋

People misunderstand arthritis due to ignorance; in the same way I misunderstand MS or Parkinson's because I have no direct experience of those conditions. Life is the cause of disease, some sail through untouched, others get everything going plus some extras. I definitely fall into the latter category, always have and always will. I prefer my OA to the other because it is predictable, have you noticed that with yours? DD

Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben