When is it safe to go back to work

I have rheumatoid arthritis and taking methotrexate I work in a coffee shop in a university and worried about going back to work

Comments

• Chris_R
    Chris_R Moderator Posts: 789

Hi Kupcake

Welcome to the Arthritis community. Going back to work, we will be advised by our Government when to go back and how we are going to cope with social distancing in the place of work,when that occurs it's really when you feel up to going back to work and if you are worried maybe you can talk to some one about your worry. We have a help line with people you can speak to if you want it is 0800 5200520.

Talking to others on the forum is good too, the most popular forums are Living with Arthritis and Chit Chat

All the best Christine

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Kazza52
    Kazza52 Member Posts: 74

Am I correct in assuming that the Government will be publishing guidance at the end of this month on the question of employers/employees and how much longer clinically vulnerable people need to shield for? I have just heard from my employer that my furlough period has been extended to the end of July when they will then review the position bearing in mind I am "high risk" due to my RA and taking Methotrexate. In the meantime stay safe everyone. K.

• Brynmor
    Brynmor Member Posts: 1,755

Our latest advice on shielding, staying at home, keeping safe and social distancing can all be found on our dedicated Coronavirus (COVID-19) information page which is updated regularly as the situation changes.

New information is now available for the 4 separate countries that make up the UK.