I need some advice

Hi everyone hope you are all well, I want some advice about pain relief , about 6 weeks ago I had a mild bout of Corona virus , I couldn't get out of bed for over a week but ever since then I have been suffering with terrible pain in my hip, knee and back so I spoke to my doctor and she prescribed me co-codamol, naproxen and tramadol for night time I've been doing my strengthening exercises every day and it is feeling better but my medication is about to run out and I don't know weather to see how I go without it or should I phone my doctor again and see if she will prescribe the pain killers for a while longer. I still have pain in my knee which keeps me awake at night and the last couple of days my hip has started acking again. Just not sure what to do.

Comments

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992

Contact your GP.

• Crookesey
    Crookesey Bots Posts: 119

A symptom of C/V is body ache, if you didn’t suffer these aches and pains prior to contracting C/V your doctor has probably assumed similar. Probably best to ask for pain killers and if it’s no better when normality returns ask for a hospital referral.

• Daphne
    Daphne Member Posts: 27
    Yeah I know that's what I should do but I always worry I'm making something out of nothing thankyou
  • I would ask gp for more painkillers then at least you have then in for when your pain flares up and then maybe reduce the amount that you need if that's the case.
  • Daphne
    Daphne Member Posts: 27
    Thankyou for the advice nannysnoop I've decided to phone the doctor in the morning and get some more pain killers and after all this is over I think I'll go and see my GP and see where we go from here.