Hi I'm new

Options
Jess555
Jess555 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:05 in Living with arthritis
Hi I'm Jess, & I've been suffering with osteo arthritis for many years. I was due to have a hip replacement this month, that's been delayed. I have a very busy 7 Year old son. & I find life really hard not being able to do hardly anything. & always being in pain.
I've got arthritis in both hips my right foot & knees.
I'm just really hoping life improves when I get a hip replacement.

Comments

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,628
    edited 12. May 2020, 10:01
    Options

Hi @Jess555 welcome to the Versus Arthritis online Community on behalf of the Moderating Team.

I know it's not easy to cope with Arthritis as a parent of a young child and even more so as they are not in school at the moment with the COVID-19 virus.

Such a shame your operation has been postponed. I hope it won't be too long before they resume such procedures in your local hospital.

There are lots of our members who have had hip surgery - I will leave them to share their experiences with you, but in the meantime I thought this might be worth a read:

What people report on here is that exercises and preparation prior to surgery can really help the outcome and there's info about what you can do before surgery in there. I hope it's useful.

Best wishes

Ellen

• Lilymary
    Lilymary Member Posts: 1,742
    Options

Hi Jess, sorry to hear about your diagnosis and the difficulties this causes. It must be so tough when you want to play with your son, or just looking after him.

I was recently diagnosed with OA in both hips, but I’m certain they’d find it in my knees too if they X-rayed. Waiting for hip replacement for my left hip - right hip not giving any pain yet. The timing of my diagnosis just as the lockdown started has at least given me a chance to adjust, but I’m dreading going back to work, as mine is a very physical job and I don’t think I’ll be able to do very much. 🙁 I’ll certainly have to radically change how I work, which is going to cause no end of problems, and may even end my career. It’s already out paid to my fell-walking days 🙁, and the gardening is pretty tricky now too.

hope they come up with a new date for your operation soon