Hi I'm new I have Osteoarthritis

Options

Deena

I have Osteoarthritis I had right knee replacement in 2012 which has been a great success. In 2016 I had pain in both my hips again after xrays Osteoarthritis in both hips but that it wasn't too bad and would probably last without treatment for many years . Apparently the pain I was getting in my right hip was due to chronic Bursitis very painful but it cleared up after about 12 months. I needed a left left knee replacement in January this year which went very well I was home the next day and felt great everything went very well, until Easter I started having severe pain in my right hip and groin the pain went down my leg to my knee and leg below the knee which was replaced in 2012 is quite swollen, I have ended up having to use my crutches lucky I still had them. I now can't walk without them as the pain is so bad the pain is constant with every movement I make . Last week I had tele chat with my Doctor who said it seems as if the hip will need replacement but as nothing can be done until after covit 19 I am in so much pain on Paracetamol, Ibrufren and codeine which I hate 3 times a day which doesn't touch the pain. If anyone has any suggestions to help with the pain I would welcome their advice, just don't think I can cope for months with this pain. My knee replacement from January was so good but now I think that is feeling the strain from the other hip.

Comments

• Al
    Al Member Posts: 169
    Options

Hi and welcome,

It's great to meet you, you have come to the right place for information and conversation with others like you living one or more forms of arthritis

There are many here more than happy to share their experience as you share yours.

This link is for general information regarding any type of arthritis

About arthritis

https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis

Find out more about the different conditions, treatments and how to manage your symptoms.

if you have a specific question please post in the Living with Arthritis discussion or for general chat in the Chit Chat discussion. Just join in wherever you feel comfortable

Al

• czkd
    czkd Member Posts: 19
    Options
    Hi Deena. I'm also a newbie on here. Bless you. Sounds like your really going through hell!
    Unfortunately, I don't know of anything to relieve your pain.
    I myself have arthritis in my spine and am very uncomfortable and knackered most days. I usually have meds, hot showers and try to do relaxation which is easier said than done.
    I'll be looking forward to chatting with you when you need an ear to bend. Please let me know how you go on.
  • Deena
    Deena Member Posts: 4
    Options

Hi czkd

Thanks for your reply. I do feel for you Your arthritis of spine must be so debilitating. I feel we just have to solider on and hope we get some good days, I try to do relaxation most days with some exercise, I find it so flutrating as I am usually quite active especially in the garden but with this last problem now a few minuites is all I can manage without a rest. Just hoping when this virus is over I can get something done. I hope you manage ok

• czkd
    czkd Member Posts: 19
    Options
    Hi Deena. Thank you for your message. Yeh it can be very debilitating and extremley uncomfortable every day. Like yourself I have good days and bad and just how as each day rolls round that it will be a bearable one.
    Do you feel down? If so, how do you get yourself in a better place mentally?
    Keep gardening. It will get done. I'm seeing it now. It's looking lovely.