Routine blood tests for monitoring of Methotrexate and Benepali

Options

Just a word to the wise.

If you need regular blood tests to monitor the effects of your medication, you may find normal arrangements no longer apply.

I usually book my appointments for this online and trot along to my GP every two months. The results are shared between them and the prescribing rheumatologist and everything rolls along quite nicely.

Covid-19 has changed many things. I just spoke to the practice receptionist to try and book an appointment for routine monitoring and was told I now need to provide paperwork from the hospital in order to do so.

After several phone calls, that's now in hand and all should be in order by the time my prescription expires next month.

To paraphrase Stickywicket and DreamDaisy - if you haven't already done so, Grid your Lions and get those Medministration ducks in a row

(And yes, I do appreciate that I'm jolly lucky that this is just a very minor issue when so many others are having a truly awful time of it)

Comments

• numptynora
    numptynora Member Posts: 782
    Options

Hi Bettymac, my rheumy (via phone) sugested getting a home visit from the blood nurse

Numps x
    Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.
  • BettyMac
    BettyMac Member Posts: 202
    Options

Hi Numps - hope you don’t mind me shortening your name

The practice receptionist did say they might be able to organise that for me as husband and self are both shielding. Hope they send the good one and not the clumsy vampire, though beggars can’t be choosers 😃

Just got to get the paperwork first

I’ve only been off my property once since early March so going anywhere will be a bit strange when the time comes that we can do it safely.

Stay well!