Imraldi

I had a phone call from my Rheumy this morning, just checking to find out how I'm doing because my last appointment was cancelled as per covid. Over the last few months I've had several flare ups accompanied by the wretched Fibro, my blood apts have been cancelled so no reference from that. I really am struggling at the moment 😪 the Cimzia doesn't seem to be helping so he suggested Imraldi but will somehow arrange for me to be assessed before he prescribes it along with a nurse to do a home visit to take some blood.

My question is, has anyone got any experience of this drug? did it help? and side effects?

As with all the contraindications with these kind of drugs, the list is is horrendous.

Any input from anyone would be appreciated 🤔

Numps x
Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.

Comments

• silverfoxxxx
    silverfoxxxx Member Posts: 131
    Hi,
    I’ve literally just started mine for inflammatory arthritis after many other drugs not working. 24hrs after my first injection and I had a very noticeable improvement in pain and range of movement of joints, it was surreal and after 6 months on crutches I couldn’t be happier.
    Side effects wise, upset stomach on and off but nothing worse than some other drugs. Today I have woken up with a swollen eyelid which is oddly one of the side effects, hoping it just goes away, could be just from lack of sleep and my hay fever playing up though. There are so many side effects when you get the leaflets, you’ll have to weigh up the pros and cons for your circumstances. Lots of bad stories around but lots of people only post the bad.., so far I’m very very happy.
    The injection was ok as well and a didn’t really notice it, unlike a lot of the reviews people have written.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520

I was transfered from humira to imraldi - initially without my knowledge or consent - and it turned out to be a retrograde step for me: I gave it three months, feelng more and more unwell, then I was swapped back. Someone else I know of did the same swap and his condition improved.

I never take much notice of potential side effects because that is all they are: merely possible, not guaranteed. DD

Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • numptynora
    numptynora Member Posts: 782

Thank you for your feedback, I did read some reviews on line and now wish I hadn't but I guess because of this wretched covid it wont be imminent. I'm feeling really sorry for myself at the moment but it will pass, it usually does and when it does...............

Numps x
    Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.