It's taking me over

Options

Hi

Its a while since I wrote.I have had osteoarthritis for many years...over 30.It is in several parts of my spine ,hands,feet,knee ,elbow.Usually just one area causes me pain and I can cope with that,but at the moment it seems to be moving from one area to another.Its as though its saying..,right we'll get you this time.Each affected area is excruciating for two or three days,then it moves on.What is happening ?

Comments

• Hobble
    Hobble Member Posts: 83
    Options

Hi

I only have recent onset of osteoarthritis and I'm mainly having to deal with psoriatic arthritis and fibromyalgia but can empathise with pain moving from one place to another. I've never been able to understand why it moves instead of just staying in the affected areas all the time. I've often wondered if it's something I'm doing to aggravate it or it's part and parcel of a flare up.

Sorry I can't offer up an explanation but I'm sure the lovely forum members will be able to offer an answer.

I hope you manage to get some relief soon

Hobble x

• Lizzie
    Lizzie Member Posts: 5
    Options

Thank you for that Hobble.I wonder whether it's in the blood.

Hope you are coping with your triple whammy,you must be in so much pain.

• Hobble
    Options

Thank you

I hope things have begun to ease for you today 😊

I think what what we go through is so individually relative and I'm often humbled when talking to others with similar circumstances and like most of us I tend to struggle when it's difficult to manage the pain especially during flare ups or when the pain changes.

I'm so glad we have the forum ☺

• Lizzie
    Lizzie Member Posts: 5
    Options

Thank you Hobble

You sound like you have learnt to live with it pretty well.Perhaps it has to be accepting what cannot be changed.

• Hobble
    Options

Hi Lizzie

Yes I think you've hit the nail on the head there. In the early days it was difficult to accept and I still have the odd moment during flare ups etc.