Returning to work in nursery

I went in yesterday for 2 hours to clean in preparation of opening 1st June. Wearing face masks doesn't appear to be an option in schools and I wont be able to social distance safely from 3 year olds. I was asked by my employer if I'd received a letter to shield which I haven't. The only thing I was sent was the look up risk table which I stupidly threw in the bin as I'd already discovered I was in group 2 from the internet weeks earlier. Now the table has been removed. I inject erelzi and until 4 weeks ago I was taking Methotrexate and Sulfalasazine ( stopped by Rheumatologist due to neutrophils plummeting). Employer asked me to contact GP. Doctor said discuss with your employer and they're not issuing letters. Rheumatolygy said nursery isn't the best environment to be in and I'm supposed to be social isolating but....this virus is going to be around for a long time....they won't write a letter either. Is anyone else in a similar situation and how did you resolve it please?

Comments

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,579

Hi @Hulbey1973

Welcome to the Versus Arthritis online Community.

I can totally see your dilemma.

This is definitely of use:

It is possible to register yourself on the list of Extremely vulnerable people if you meet the criteria.

This issue has been discussed on the forum. You can put 'work and COVID' into the search button (left hand side of page underneath Home-CORONAVIRUS (Covid-19) to read recent threads/posts.

Best wishes

Ellen

• Hi Ellen. Thank you for responding. I have looked through that article and understand due to the biologics that I'm at increased risk but employer wants it in writing from the medical profession which they won't supply. I feel the onus is being put on me to refuse to work therefore I wouldn't be paid. I'm not classed as extremely vulnerable. I don't meet the criteria. I have advised the school of my condition, the drugs I'm taking and explained the GP isn't sending letters. I have asked what do they advise and not had a response as yet. In this ever changing climate, I hope a solution can be found for those of us falling into this 'grey area'
    Best wishes
  • Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,579

@Hulbey1973 can you try to register yourself? How to is in the article I posted. It has to be worth a try.

Please do let us know how you get on.

Ellen.