Hello

pisica
pisica Member Posts: 19
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:05 in Living with arthritis

Hi all. I'm pisica and I have Psoriatic Arthritis. I was diagnosed last year, after years of trips to the GP and Rheumatologist. Until then my symptoms were being put down to early OA (I was in my 30s to early 40s) exacerbated by my Joint Hypermobility Syndrome. I've just started my second DMARD -Methotrexate, because Sulfasalazine didn't play nicely with my body - and would have everything crossed if I could do it.

I work in Primary Care for the NHS, but not as a clinician. I've just started working from home because Occ Health say that Methotrexate, moderately severe asthma, and a patient-facing role are a bad combination right now.

Comments

• Anna
    Anna Moderator Posts: 947

Hello @pisica and welcome to our online community.

It's good to hear that after several years, you have finally been diagnosed correctly and have started treatment for Psoriatic Arthritis. It can take a few tries before you find the medication that suits you - hopefully it will be sorted soon.

I can understand why you've been recommended to work from home - with your current combination of meds and asthma it sounds like the best course of action for you under the circumstances. You might find this link from Versus Arthritis useful - its about how to stay healthy while working from home:

If you'd like to read more about Psoriatic arthritis, Versus Arthritis has produced an animation that explains about treatments, drugs, to advice on diet and exercise.

Do have a look at the forums and join in the chats - I'm sure you'll find other members who are in similar situations to you and would like to chat.

Best wishes, and do let us know how you're getting on,

Anna

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520

Hello, I have PsA, OA and fibro. I inject meth weekly and humira fortnightly which control disease activity PsA-wise but do nothing for the other two. I began back in 1997 when I was 37 but it wasn't correctly diagnosed until 2006 when my skin obliged with a bout of pustular psoriasis on my palms and soles. I have been shielding since March 06th and expect to carry on until there is a vaccine. I no longer work, a double carpal tunnel op finished me off: I was a tutor for dyslexics so too much writing. DD

Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben