Hi

Options

Hi. Just to give a brief idea as to what I have been through and do my first post.

I was diagnosed with lung cancer 2 years ago and had the top lobe of my right lung removed. The hospital left me for over 2 year's with cancer, untreated. I got pneumonia and my Thoracic Consultant asked me why I hadn't had treatment because he had seen an X-ray which the bowel Consultant's had which showed the tumour from over 2 year's previously and I said that I didn't know that I had a tumour.

In the last year I was diagnosed with Osteoarthritis and my hands are clawed. 2 weeks ago I had a C.T. Scan on my stomach to check for cancer and that showed bad inflammation in my Colon and a couple of Polyps but no invasive procedures just now and I'm in agony with that. The Scan also showed that I have Osteoporosis in my spine and the 2 bottom vertebrae have crumbled and compacted and the pain gets worse as the day goes on, so front and back pain!

I have had no support at all from the hospital and no advice which they could do by phone! I know that Covid has changed a lot of procedures and the NHS are incredible but there are still people out here who are in desperate pain and need help. Thank goodness Versus Arthritis is here to help us .

I would like to know whether people with Osteoporosis have stomach problems as well?

Comments

• Anna
    Anna Moderator Posts: 968
    edited 21. May 2020, 14:09
    Options

Hi @Danni, and welcome to our online community. You have certainly been through a difficult few years with all your medical issues, but well done for joining the online community. We're not medical experts, but lots of us are living with multiple conditions and I'm sure will be able to give you help and support, so you've come to the right place. Have a look round some of the forums where you will find interesting discussions to join in. There's also a helpful page on osteoporosis that you might find useful. It gives more information about the condition and also suggests some self-help strategies that are worth reading:

Do let us know how you're getting on

Anna

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm