Daryl

Options
Daz
Daz Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:05 in Living with arthritis
Hi I am a 53 year old women who has been suffering with OA of the spine, cervical spine and both hips and Poly myagaia RA in shoulders, fingers, knees, left ankle and toes.
I take so many different tablets and morphine for the pain. Some days are better than others but would be nice to talk to others in the same boat. I’m having to safe isolate as I’m high risk which is hard. Any advice would be helpful.

Comments

• ajolly
    ajolly Member Posts: 59
    Options

Hi @Daz,

Welcome to the forum, I’m glad you’ve found us.

I am sorry to hear you’ve been having a difficult time recently. Living with chronic pain is hard enough at the best of times, let alone with the lockdown restrictions. We have a thread dedicated to COVID-19 which includes discussions on how to cope in isolation. You may find some of the topics on here useful.

We also have the Chit-Chat forum or Val’s Café where you are most welcome to join in with non-arthritis related discussions to take your mind off things.

If you feel that talking with someone may help, we have a telephone helpline at Versus Arthritis. It's free to call and available Mon-Fri 9am-8pm.

Please check back in and let us know how you are getting on.

Best wishes,

Alice

• Lilymary
    Lilymary Member Posts: 1,740
    Options

Hi Daryl, I don’t have half the burdens you carry, but RA and OA run in our family, and my sister has two new knees and now has PMR, and I’ve always had rheumatism, now have OA in my hips, waiting for a new one. My 91 yr old mum has better legs than both her daughters! I think it missed a generation. She has a whole load of other stuff to deal with though.

juggling the drugs with all their side effects is new to me, hard to get the balance right.