Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

triple fushion

Had a talus fushion 1 1/2 years ago pain is even worse got to have anpther steroid jab nextmonth and i will need a subtalor fushion...
Question is as a gardener im on my feet all day and my surgeon said my navicular joint is ok but would it be better to fuse this as well because i don't in the future want to go in if the arthritis spreads to this joint...
Any one my age 54 doing a heavy manual job had a triple fushion don thanks

Comments

• trepolpentrepolpen Posts: 494

Ihave had bothh ankles done , never regretted it , dont stop you doing anything , six weeks without weight , & into airboot after another six weeks full weight through the ankle , takes six months to fully heal , well worth it , no pain

• On my first fushion in plaster 12 weeks been told same for next one did you have all 3 joints done
  • frogmortonfrogmorton Posts: 24,981

Not me but my brother in law is a gardener and he had both ankles totally fused some years ago. No more pain he has never looked back 🙂

Love

Toni xxx
  • Thanks huddy