Hello everyone

Dodge
Dodge Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:05 in Living with arthritis

Hi as you can guess I am new to this forum.

I have several problems health wise including Osteo and poly arthritis.

I try to keep as active as possible by tending to classic and historic vehicles

I have had problems with arthritis since my early 20's .

I was advised by my gp to contact versus so here I am

I live in the TA area of the country

Fortunately my hobbies have kept me amused so far during this lock down period

I am interested in music I have not been able to play for a while because of my hands and wrist's but I haven't given up

I have been trying a homeopathic remedy which seems to help called celadrin 1200mg

interested in other peoples thoughts on this.

Bye for now

Comments

• Vikki_W
    Vikki_W Member Posts: 15

Hi,

Welcome to our online community!

It's great to learn about the hobbies you have to help keep you active.

I see you have been trying Celadrin to help with your pain. You may find this page useful https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/complementary-and-alternative-treatments/types-of-complementary-treatments/cetylated-fatty-acids-cfas/ as it provides lots of information on this homeopathic remedy.

If you need any advice or just a chat, please don't hesitate to post in one of our forums. The Versus Arthritis website also contains lots of information in regards to living with arthritis https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/living-with-arthritis/ which you may find useful.

I look forward to your future posts.

Best wishes,

Vikki

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520

Hello, I have psoriatic and osteoarthritis plus fibromyalgia. Like you I have interests to keep me occupied whilst shielding, which is just as well as I cannot see that ending before December. I began in 1997 when I was 37 so have a good few arthritic years under my belt. In my early days before I really knew what was going on I went to a homeopathist for months but she did not recognise my issue as an auto-immune inflammatory condition and nothing she 'prescribed' did anything to relieve the symptoms of swelling, heat or pain. Never mind, eh? DD

Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Dodge
    Dodge Member Posts: 3

Thanks for the contacts I have seen this info on CFA's before I actually started using them. Originally I had capsules 1200mg which advised taking at least an hour before food, I found them pretty effective.

after they ran out I had a break and my hands wrist's' and elbows got very bad again I ordered some more I couldn't get them from the original supplier and theses just look like paracetamol tablets I have been taking theses for about 8 days very little help as yet but I will soldier on.

Yesterday I had real problems with my right knee it didn't want to support me at all got out of bed and collapsed on the floor. I Have a cyclo ssage bed which I use every day which also helps with my breathing problems which has heaters and motors thats seems to be a big help.

I will probably have probs as soon as I get up from writing this but hey ho cant sit here all day.

It wont always be dark at half past five.