Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

Hello everyone

DodgeDodge Posts: 3

Hi as you can guess I am new to this forum.

I have several problems health wise including Osteo and poly arthritis.

I try to keep as active as possible by tending to classic and historic vehicles

I have had problems with arthritis since my early 20's .

I was advised by my gp to contact versus so here I am

I live in the TA area of the country

Fortunately my hobbies have kept me amused so far during this lock down period

I am interested in music I have not been able to play for a while because of my hands and wrist's but I haven't given up

I have been trying a homeopathic remedy which seems to help called celadrin 1200mg

interested in other peoples thoughts on this.

Bye for now

Comments

• Vikki_WVikki_W Posts: 13 mod

Hi,

Welcome to our online community!

It's great to learn about the hobbies you have to help keep you active.

I see you have been trying Celadrin to help with your pain. You may find this page useful https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/complementary-and-alternative-treatments/types-of-complementary-treatments/cetylated-fatty-acids-cfas/ as it provides lots of information on this homeopathic remedy.

If you need any advice or just a chat, please don't hesitate to post in one of our forums. The Versus Arthritis website also contains lots of information in regards to living with arthritis https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/living-with-arthritis/ which you may find useful.

I look forward to your future posts.

Best wishes,

Vikki

• dreamdaisydreamdaisy Posts: 31,439 ✭✭✭

Hello, I have psoriatic and osteoarthritis plus fibromyalgia. Like you I have interests to keep me occupied whilst shielding, which is just as well as I cannot see that ending before December. I began in 1997 when I was 37 so have a good few arthritic years under my belt. In my early days before I really knew what was going on I went to a homeopathist for months but she did not recognise my issue as an auto-immune inflammatory condition and nothing she 'prescribed' did anything to relieve the symptoms of swelling, heat or pain. Never mind, eh? DD

Whether you think you can (or think you can't) you're right. (Henry Ford)
  • DodgeDodge Posts: 3

Thanks for the contacts I have seen this info on CFA's before I actually started using them. Originally I had capsules 1200mg which advised taking at least an hour before food, I found them pretty effective.

after they ran out I had a break and my hands wrist's' and elbows got very bad again I ordered some more I couldn't get them from the original supplier and theses just look like paracetamol tablets I have been taking theses for about 8 days very little help as yet but I will soldier on.

Yesterday I had real problems with my right knee it didn't want to support me at all got out of bed and collapsed on the floor. I Have a cyclo ssage bed which I use every day which also helps with my breathing problems which has heaters and motors thats seems to be a big help.

I will probably have probs as soon as I get up from writing this but hey ho cant sit here all day.

It wont always be dark at half past five.