Sulfasalazine

Options
pbleighton
pbleighton Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:05 in Living with arthritis

Hi. I am a new member. Sulfasalazine has recently been added to my other meds which include methotrexate and prednisolone. How do other find it?

Comments

• DebbieM
    DebbieM Member Posts: 33
    Options

Hi @pbleighton - so good to have you joining us, you're very welcome here to the online community!

You're wanting to know a little more about Sulfasalazine having been recently prescribed it, in addition to other medication including methotrexate and prednisolone.

I'm sure other members will have experience of these medications but in the meantime you may find the following information from our website helpful:

There is a section on Effects on Other Treatments within that page.

You might also like to chat to our helpline about this in the Helpline Forum:

Do let us know how you get on and we look forward to having you here sharing your experiences with the rest of the members :)

Best Wishes

Debbie

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options

It didn't do much for me whereas for a friend of mine it has worked wonders. We both have psoriatic arthritis and sulph is the only med he has ever needed to take. I also inject meth and humira. DD

Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • pisica
    pisica Member Posts: 19
    Options

Hi, I started on Sulfasalazine for psoriatic arthritis in September last year. It took a while to work (about 10 weeks, I think) but once it did it was great. My pain was markedly better and my morning stiffness was practically down to what I'd assume is normal for someone in their early 40s.

Unfortunately, I had a lot of side effects, so I stopped it in early May and was started on Methotrexate.

I hope it works as well for you as it did for me, but without the side effects.