Shielding

Morning just wonder if anyone knows if shielding is going to be extended in the next few weeks?

Tagged:

Comments

• Kazza52
    Kazza52 Member Posts: 74

Mine was extended to the 30th June but I am not so sure now due to the latest news that we can go out as from tomorrow.

🐶

• silverfoxxxx
    silverfoxxxx Member Posts: 131
    They said they would get an update out around June 15th for what it will look like for us going forward.
  • Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992

Shielders can go out with a person from their household if they have one or can visit one non-householder whilst maintaining the 2 metre social distancing. Personally I am staying home unless absolutely necessary until such time as a vaccine is available. Whilst I may wish that life and my pain was over in my black dog moments overall I have to keep going to look after my cat.

• trepolpen
    trepolpen Member Posts: 504

most of the goverments 1.5 million are totaly housebound & will not go out even thought they can now , as fot those of us on immune suppressants , we was advise if we take steriods we was at high risk , & those taking immune suppressants & biologics should shield , & think the rules allows you to go outside , how many stuck to this as we all need basics & without families etc cant get it

only thing is I dont recommend you getting the virus as it will put your life at risk , I got lucky but still got the virus even thought totaly housebound

• Adi65
    Adi65 Member Posts: 6

i don’t think i will be going out for a while ,as for work I’m not sure at all as I work in a care home but don’t get my pension for another 9 months so should really be thinking of going back

• Kazza52

I agree with all the posts. It seems to me that this was all rushed through with no thought. Apparently the GPs are confused as to who should remain on the shielding list. I had a text advising me to shield until the 30th June. I am not going outside save for the garden where I sit when the weather is good and I do a little bit of gardening to ease some of the boredom. I just don't want to take the risk.

• Kazza52

Hi everyone,

I heard last week on one of the Government's daily briefings on tv that there would be more advice given this week to us that are currently shielding. I would be most interested to know what they will be doing with regards to the clinically vulnerable people who work full time and have been furloughed by their employers.

Stay safe everyone🐶