A bit about myself

Options
Toots33
Toots33 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:05 in Living with arthritis
Thank you for adding me and for this site. I have ME, Fibro, Achilles tendonitis, arithitis in my wrists, knees, and both ankles. From Dec 2019 to April 2020 I lost both my parents. Mum died from massive brain hemorrhage and I say dad died of broken heart (he never recovered from her death). IV been under a lot of stress looking after parents and trying to watch my own health. Now they are gone 😢 you'd think my health would improve, however I find my arithitis has got a lot worse. In the mornings I can hardly move or stand without so much pain in ankles and legs. I do the usual, take my time , sitting by first but it takes up to 20 mins before I can actually walk. Has anyone else came across this.? Also my two of my fingers in right hand and thumb on left go completely numb and fingers swell so much. I'm 55 and I need to begin a new chapter in my life, just not too sure how or confidence at min plus haven't grieved properly. Sorry for long post.

Comments

• Al
    Al Member Posts: 169
    Options

Hi and welcome,

It's great to meet you, you have come to the right place for information and conversation with others like you living one or more forms of arthritis

There are many here more than happy to share their experience as you share yours.

This link is for general information regarding any type of arthritis

About arthritis

https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis

Find out more about the different conditions, treatments and how to manage your symptoms.

if you have a specific question please post in the Living with Arthritis discussion or for general chat in the Chit Chat discussion. Just join in wherever you feel comfortable

Al

• Mia
    Mia Member Posts: 2
    Options

Hello

I am 80 years old, female, married, 2 children, 1 grandchild. I have Polymyalgia, Polyarthritis, Gout & BP. My medicines are prednisolone, BP Med, and Cocodamol (30/500). Until recently I have managed to use only 4 Cocodamol tablets per day but the pain is getting worse and worse. I have now increased this to 6 per day. I have had most of these illnesses for 12/14 years.

Even though 'they' say - you must exercise - I just can't any more. The pain is dreadful and never ending and when I do manage to go for a walk the pain is much worse and it takes me days to recover. I do get up and wander round the flat for 10 minutes every hour (in the mornings).

Having said all that, I'm not a moaner (I bet some of you thought "another old girl feeling sorry for herself").😂😂 Just wanted to know if there is anything else anyone can suggest. Keep smiling!😂👵🏻💥

• Al
    Al Member Posts: 169
    Options

Hi and welcome

there are many here with similar problems and I'm sure are more than happy to share experiences-it is hard to exercise but keep goingif you can.

Al

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options

Hello toots, it's nice to meet you and I am sorry you have had to find us. Both my husband and me lost our dads within months of each other back in 2001/02 then our mums in 2012/13. I don't think grieving is ever properly done, the passage of time just dulls the sharper edges of sorrow, getting the first year over is the biggest hurdle. A favourite quote of mine is as 'The deeper sorrow carves into your being the more joy you can contain' from The Prophet by Khalil Gibran.

I am 61 and in my 24th year of psoriatic arthritis and ninth of osteo. I also have fibro, it is what it is, I am used to it. When the weather is poor I take some pain relief in the morning an hour or so before getting out of bed and sometimes even when it's good. 'Every little helps' is total nonsense because in reality not much does but at least I feel as though I am doing something proactive rather than reactive.

I hope you find the forum to be of interest. We all get it because we've all got it. DD

Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options

Hello Mia, I have very little in common with you apart from arthritis: as you can see I told toots what I have so no need to repeat. I too have recently had to increase my 30/500 cocodamol but I prefer to take one tablet every three hours rather than two tablets every four. That way I am taking a steady amount but only four in a twelve hour period as opposed to six. (I think my maths is right.) I start the day with two at 4am, I've discovered that that is the witching hour to help me get at least three hours of reasonably deep sleep. DD

Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Mia
    Mia Member Posts: 2
    Options

Hello DD. I have at last 'sussed' how to use this forum (I think)?? It takes time these days and I'm not very internet savvy. I am "reading up" rather than posting at the moment.