OA/FMS & low grade seronegative RA

Options
I have recently been diagnosed with OA in most joints. I am no stranger to OA as have had it since my teen years but just in my knee. But have also been diagnosed with fibromyalgia and also need to rule out low grade seronegative Rheumatoid arthritis. Do others here have more than one condition. As when speaking to others they appear to have a multitude of conditions.

Comments

• MarzMac
    MarzMac Member Posts: 47
    Options

Hi @Soupysue1954

A warm welcome to the online community and thank you for joining us.

You've described your new diagnosis of OA in multiple joints, as well as fibromyalgia and possible seronegative RA. It must be challenging to learn about these different conditions, never mind find suitable treatments to relieve a variety of overlapping symptoms.

You should find information on these conditions in our A-Z https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/conditions/ as they are all musculoskeletal conditions (MSK). If you are having difficulty finding anything, please call the helpline team on 0800 5200 520.

The trouble with arthritis is that it's quite common, so is often found in people with other long-term conditions. Versus Arthritis policy team published a report on what they call multi morbidity, to explore the issues and learn more about the nature and impact of living well with arthritis when combined with other long-term conditions.

In the report, they noted that "among people over 45 years of age who report living with a major long-term condition, more than 3 out of 10 also have a musculoskeletal condition". Jack shared his story of living with multiple conditions, which is on our website, along with the report https://www.versusarthritis.org/policy/policy-reports/musculoskeletal-conditions-and-multimorbidities-report/.

I'm sure you will hear from other members who will share their experience of living with multiple conditions. We look forward to hearing more from you as you meet new people in our chat rooms.

Best wishes

MarzMac