advice on new medication

Options

Hey Guys

Im a 25 year old woman, with RA , I was diagnosed 2 and a half years ago, started off on hydroxychloroquin then shortly after went on to having methotrexate as well, my symptoms have been in and out of remission its been a real struggle getting them under control, Iv completely changed my Diet, stopped eating meat, no dairy no refined sugar, I've stopped eating certain vegetables, take lots of different vitamins in hope that this would help my symptoms... over the past 2 months my RA has become extremely painful, taking me 5-6 hours to get some mobility every day, super sore, super swollen joints, today i had an appointment with my doctor, with me being on the highest dose of methotrexate I can be on due to my age and weight, he wants to progress to the next stage and start me on some anti TNF drugs , I'm obviously doing my research but would love some advice and/or if anyone has any personal experiences or opinions on this drug ( if its worked for you or side effects )

really appreciate any advice anyone can give to me

xXx

Comments

• Al
    Al Member Posts: 169
    Options

Hi and welcome,

It's great to meet you, you have come to the right place for information and conversation with others like you living one or more forms of arthritis

There are many here more than happy to share their experience as you share yours.

This link is for general information regarding any type of arthritis

About arthritis

https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis

Find out more about the different conditions, treatments and how to manage your symptoms.

if you have a specific question please post in the Living with Arthritis discussion or for general chat in the Chit Chat discussion. Just join in wherever you feel comfortable

Al

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options

Hello, I have psoriatic arthritis and have tried three anti TNFs. Only one has been effective in terms of bringing disease activity under control and that is my current one, humira. I am not a child of these times (I was born in 1959 and remember colour telly being invented) so have never researched it, I know from reading on here that for some people it has transformed their lives so I hope whichever you are given it does the same. We rarely hear from those who are doing well on the meds probably because their natural assumption is it's the same for everyone. DD

Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Sharon_K
    Sharon_K Member Posts: 460
    Options

Hi Poppy

I have been on 2 differnt anti TNF treatments and I wouldrecommend them. I have notexperienced any side effects and they have kept my arthritis under much better control. Let us know how you get on

Best Wishes

Sharon

• Chelsea30
    Chelsea30 Member Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi @Sharon_K what anti tnf drugs have you been on?
  • Sharon_K
    Sharon_K Member Posts: 460
    Options

Hi

sorry for the delay in getting back to you I was off last week. I have had Humira and Enbrel. Both worked very well to start with I am dtill on the Enbrel now. How are you getting on?

Sharon