Hello

Options
SPRAGGY
SPRAGGY Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:05 in Living with arthritis

Hi everyone I am new to the sight and wanted to say hello🖐. I have been diagnosed with osteoarthritis, spondylitis and fibromyalgia. A lot to take in and get my head around at least I now know why I have been having lots of pain. Had an arthroscopy last year on my left knee as it went pop and last my right swelled up and have a hard lump there now. Bakers cyst diagnosed by dr on the phone. Having a down day and was wondering if anyone has any tips on keeping active and healthy. Ta

Comments

• Al
    Al Member Posts: 169
    Options

Hi and welcome,

It's great to meet you, you have come to the right place for information and conversation with others like you living one or more forms of arthritis

There are many here more than happy to share their experience as you share yours.

This link is for general information regarding any type of arthritis

About arthritis

https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis

Find out more about the different conditions, treatments and how to manage your symptoms.

if you have a specific question please post in the Living with Arthritis discussion or for general chat in the Chit Chat discussion. Just join in wherever you feel comfortable

Al

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options

Hello and apologies for the delay in replying, I am having a rough time with my arthritis. I have dodgy knees too (I began back in 1997) so am very used to the whole malarkey. I have my OA as a result of the joint damage caused by my first arthritis: the arrival of that was not a surprise but the diagnosis of the OA was a complete shock.

I know when my OA will worsen (bad weather which I cannot control and my overdoing things which I can) but it can take a while to learn and link cause and effect. I get by on the minimum pain relief (because any pain relief isn't and doesn't) but a small and steady intake is a better method of pain reduction than letting thngs get a grip, then there is no shifting it. My main strategy is distraction, if my mind isn't paying attention to it then things appear easier.

I am in my thirteenth week of shielding so have kept myself occupied with cleaning and making greetings cards. I am fortunate in that my husband now does all the shopping and cooking (we are both retired) so life could be a darned sight worse than it is. Do you have family around? How understanding are they? My husband has had twenty three years to get to grip with it but still doesn't grasp the fabulous feature of being in varying levels of pain 24/365, which is completely reasonable as he isn't. DD

Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben