Reaction to the virus?

Airwave!
Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
edited 4. Jun 2020, 18:22 in Living with arthritis

During the first week of March, for a week I had a fever, sore throat and a metallic taste in my mouth.

For about the last month I have had a markedly raised level of pain in my joints and feeling flushed (hot), this usually only happens when I have a cold. I wonder if I had a mild virus in March and what is happening is my bodies reaction to the virus?

As soon as we qualify to have a ‘have we had it, Covid 19?’ Test, I shall. Has anyone else experienced this?

Comments

• Oilys1975
    Oilys1975 Member Posts: 3
    Hi, I was also poorly beginning of March was in bed a week with flu symptoms and cough called nhs they said it sounds like Covid after my arthritis in both my hands and hip are a lot worse ! Not sure if that’s the cause or something else either but I’m definitely having aloe more pain than I used to
  • Airwave!

I’ve just got a diagnosis from my GP, he says I have arthritis after a viral infection, he says it’s very common?

He's now put me on a course of NSAIDs, (which are a no no due to osteoporosis) and asked for a blood test.

We live and learn.

• Airwave!

I still have no idea if it was Covid-19 and I don’t suppose I ever will.

its a grin, honest!

• Lilymary
    Lilymary Member Posts: 1,740

I wonder how a virus can set off arthritis?

• Airwave!

I often feel heightened pain when I have a cold, at the moment I don’t have any infection but as I explained I had an unidentifiable one in early March. I do get a pain across my fontanelle (bone joint across the top of the skull) when I have a cold but not now. Two and a half months later and bang, along comes heightened pain out of nowhere, as with all of us I am curious as to what’s going on with my body.

The pain I am experiencing is at the higher end of what I can put up with. I have heard a few anecdotal tales about the Covid 19 virus biting sufferers after its gone and wondered if that’s what I had in early March and my body is reacting to now?

There is a suggestion that as the dead cells are moved out of the body over time the lymph system is upset and thinks it is under attack again? Come on scientists! No doubt these things will be known about, one day? As to why any virus increases pain due to arthritis, I don’t know, yet!

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336

Roll on the day when we can all have reliable antibody tests Airwave.

I am so sorry you are suffering ATM - you are not much f a complainer so I know it must be bad.😕

Take care now ((()))

• Airwave!

Thanks Toni, the anti inflammatory pills have just kicked in, which is helpful. I might get a good nights sleep?

its a grin, honest!

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520

Could it be reactive arthritis? DD

Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520

A drifting digit touched the wrong button before I finished: I hope the anti-inflams continue to ease the discomfort and you return to your usual creaky self sooner rather than later.

Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton

I thought the same DD I think it's sero-neg too. I think our Airwave would need to look into this post pandemic maybe?

@Airwave! did you get any sleep? 🤞 you did.

• Airwave!

Some sleep, madam started Zzzzzz ing!,, Things are a bit more problematic, apparently I have spinal stenosis and query an insufficiency fracture of my spine, just to complicate things, at least the latter will eventually heal. These things are obviously happening because I haven’t been able to drink beer😂😂 .

Didn’t it rain today!

its a grin, honest!

• frogmorton

Wow @Airwave! you poor thing! poor back I hope it eases soon. Lack of beer is the cause eh?!!

🍺

that's the best I can do!

Take care now

• Airwave!

That’s a start Toni! I jest really, it’s that pint of golden ale hanging in the sky, it just seems so tempting............

Gin and tonic has its uses!

its a grin, honest!