Just Joined

Options
Gubby
Gubby Member Posts: 7
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:05 in Living with arthritis

Hi I have just joined but have had RA for over nine years. I have been on Methotrexate and Hydroxychloroquine but was changed to Lefluminade last December but have suffered allergic reaction to this. My consultant is proposing to change me to biologics Adalimumab or Secukinumab was wondering if anyone has any advice. Thanks very much.

Comments

• Chris_R
    Chris_R Moderator Posts: 798
    Options

Hi Gubby

Welcome to the forum,so glad you have found us to tell us your story and ask for advice. Everyone on the forum understands about pain and arthritis as Everyone has some form of Arthritis and knows what you are going through. The most popular forums are Living with Arthritis and Chit Chat.

Hope you get on alright and stay safe Christine

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Gubby
    Options

Thanks

• leahyou
    leahyou Member Posts: 1
    Options

Hi Gubby,

I'm new to this forum too. I've lived with RA for about the same amount of time as you, I take the same medicine as what you used to take - methotrexate and hydroxychloroquine.

I'm curious to know why were you moved off these two medicine?

• Chris_R
    Chris_R Moderator Posts: 798
    Options

Hi leahyou

Welcome to the forum,so glad you found us and are beginning to join in with the chats,it would be good to tell us your Arthritis story so others know what you are going through.

Everyone on the forum understands about pain and arthritis as we all have various levels of pain and various forms of Arthritis and can empathize, we are also very friendly and sympathetic.

All the best Christine

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options

Hello gubby, I have psoriatic and osteoarthritis, I inject methotrexate weekly and humira (adalimumab) fortnightly and have done for over ten years. The best I can say is that the PsA disease activity is controlled for most of the time. What kind of advice would you like? We are not docs, just experienced patients: a good tip for adalimumab is to remove the pen from the fridge twenty minutes or so before injecting, this helps to reduce the sting. DD

Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Gubby
    Options

Hi leahyou my medication was changed in December as I have the beginnings of bulls eye myopathy in one eye and there seems to be a link with taking Hydroxychloroquinne so I had to come off it. The consultant therefore decided to change the whole of my medications putting me on Lefluminade initially I was on a high dose and this really controlled my flare ups but after a month I came out in a terrible rash so the dose was halved but I am still living with the itching and the flare ups have restarted but worse as for the first time I’m having trouble with my shoulder and ankle. This is why they are again reviewing my medication . Best w

Hi dreamdaisy thanks for the advice about removing the pens from the fridge in advance. Best wishes