I cannot log out.

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 21. Jan 2021, 16:34 in Community Feedback and ideas

Has anyone else had this happen? I click on my glorious orang, the menu drops, I click on sign out, menu instantly vanishes. Neither have I been able to edit a post. Technology. Grrrrrrr. DD

Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,414
    Options

Oh! Not me DD I don't bother to log out anyway to be fair, but have been able to edit when I sometimes spot a glaring smelling pisktake😉

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    edited 10. Jun 2020, 07:39
    Options

I don't bother to log out between sessions either! As far as editing is concerned one only gets an hour to edit a post one has just put up.

• dreamdaisy
    Options

Thank you both. I remain logged in despite turning my computer off last night. I make it a rule of thumb to log out of any website and to clear browsing history to reduce my risk of being cyber-ly 'intefered with'. I was aware of the hour rule but the post was less than a minute old which was frustrating. I use a Lenovo yoga book and the sooner it becomes outdated the better, one of us does not suit the other and I am not sure which way that runs. DD

• Lilymary
    Lilymary Member Posts: 1,740
    Options

I’ve had trouble editing posts too. (For typing errors). I tap on the wheel icon, “edit post” comes up, I tap on that and it disappears.

• dreamdaisy
    Options

Yup, me too. In the past it would bring back the post so one could fiddle with it but, for whatever reason, not at the moment. My internet keeps cutting out - no idea why - so maybe that is also a factor. DD

• Sharon_K
    Sharon_K Member Posts: 460
    Options

thank you for flagging this up @dreamdaisy and @Lilymary I did also get an email about this from another member. This is clearly a glitch and I will get onto our technical team immediately.

Thank you for letting us know

Sharon

• Sharon_K
    Options

@dreamdaisy and @Lilymary Can I also ask what website browser you are using, is it Chrome Edge Safari or something else

Many thanks

Sharon

• Sharon_K
    Options

Hi

We have had an update from Vanilla and the dev team will be deploying a fix very soon. Time 13:27

Sharon