Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

GCA

Hi wondered if anyone here has GCA? I was diagnosed with this last year, and have been shielding from work since April.

Comments

• PiPPiP Posts: 1

I was diagnosed with GCA January 2020 I have been shielding since March first lockdown 2020 luckily I am retired so do not have to worry about that. My consultant did tell me it is rare I only know 1 other person who has it. Stay well stay safe

• EllenEllen Posts: 468 mod

Hello@PiP

Welcome to the Online Community.

Giant Cell Arteritis (GCA) is a rare condition yes. I am so pleased you have found this site and can connect with others who have it too.

For those who do not know what it is here is a link: Giant cell arteritis (GCA) | Causes, symptoms, treatments (versusarthritis.org)

and this is another thread from August last year by another person with the condition: Hi — Versus Arthritis

It's good that you are able to shield at home safely as you being retired.

Please do join in anywhere you wish you are assured of a warm welcome from our members.

Best wishes

Ellen

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.