Self help

While this virus is going round and we are under restrictions I haven’t been to the osteopath and looking at some outside help decided that what I felt I needed was a massage so I starting looking at the massage guns. I got mine direct from a UK dealer not on an auction site which seem to be selling cheap non branded ones.

The one I decided on has a brushless motor, the dc voltage provided by the rechargeable Li ion battery is changed by software to ac voltage. It comes with attachments for changed use. Madam has been using it on my back problems which it, along with some anti inflammatory pills has worked wonders on me. No more knotty issues.

I’m afraid I’ve had to make redundant the team of women willing to massage me every day! 😂 Oh well.

its a grin, honest!

Comments

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992

My visiting masseuse is obviously not coming round at the moment so I got a massage machine which fits on my chair, not as good as the real thing but it gets out some of the knots.

• Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458

Well done, what is the make?

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992

We are not allowed to advertise specifics on here, but if you Google chair massagers you will find loads of them. What I would say is go for a middle of the road one price wise and look at any comments or recommendations.

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336

You can PM each other with individual products Im sure so long as you aren't spamming the whole community.

I

• Airwave!
    edited 23. Jun 2020, 21:46

TBH there are so many models out there I suspect many would help but I wanted some chance of having one that would last and the chance of a guarantee that was worthwhile and issued on British soil.

I have used one similar to the one Mike describes, it got me through some tough times while driving. The gun shaped one I have now is powerful with 6 power levels and a battery level on a digital display. As I say, so far so good.

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520

Thanks Airwave and Mike, for these ideas, I am currently at the freshly dug bottom of my arthritis well and wondering how the blazes I am going to ascend. The temptation not to bother is truly strong but the defeat of giving in? Nah, can't let that happen. DD

Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Airwave!

Keep smiling DD, if we can all smile at this bad time in our life then we are not defined by arther, we are the winners!

its a grin, honest!

• Lilymary
    Lilymary Member Posts: 1,740

You're my inspiration DD, hang on in there, even when things seem too awful. It'll stop raining soon, the birds will be on the feeders, the gardens will recover, and we'll still be there to enjoy it. xx

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520

Crikey Moses, that is a surprising comment and thank you, you are very kind. I am back to my usual level of moderately grotty (hurrah!) and today have enjoyed a number of deep, long-lasting belly laughs which are always a tonic. One of them was a reminder of a Morecambe and Wise sketch which has tempted me to change my signature from one of my mottoes . . . . Another old saw of my creation is 'Arthritis is a case of mind over matter, I do mind but that doesn't matter'. 😉 DD

Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben