Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

However your life is impacted by arthritis we want to understand more about you so that we can make sure we continue to develop our information, support and services such as the online community.

If you've not already, please take 5 -10 minutes to fill in our survey. All information you provide will remain anonymous and be treated in the strictest confidence. TAKE OUR SURVEY

Extreme pain

I was diagnosed with RA back in January and so far methotrexate and sulphasalazine haven’t worked. I’m due to start etanercept on Friday but I’m in such agony I don’t know how to cope. My whole body is effected and yesterday it was to the point I squealed in pain every time I had to move my head because of the neck pain. It just feels like I’ve been hit by a lorry and I’m only 20 years old :( anyway, I’m looking for some hope, has anyone been this bad and gotten somewhat better with treatment? I can’t be like this forever!

Comments

• ChrisKChrisK Posts: 87 mod

Hi @Liv20

On just reading your post, I wondered if this booklet that Versus Arthritis produces might be of help to you:

Hopefully when you get your new medication on Friday things will improve for you.

Take care, best wishes

ChrisK

• LilymaryLilymary Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hi LIv, that sounds really awful. I don't have experience of your particular condition, I just wanted to send a hug. Wish I could say something more useful. Friday will soon come around, and let's hope the new drugs help you. Meanwhile, try to keep your brain busy to take your mind off the pain. Someone suggested that to me early days in my OA journey, and it does help.