Hi I’m new to the group

LucyDF
LucyDF Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:05 in Living with arthritis
Hi all. So I have a degenerative spine, arthritis in my hip and up until the lockdown in one knee. I’ve since injured my good leg which has apparently accelerated the arthritis in that knee. So two bad knees and constant pain. Too scared to walk in fear my knees are going to lock/break. Feeling very very depressed and hoping I can get some good tips/support from everyone x

Comments

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,591

Hi @LucyDF lovely to meet you and welcome you to the Versus Arthritis online Community.

You sound as though you have an awful lot going on with your Arthritis and injuring your one 'good' knee must have been a real blow.

I am hoping that you at least have a good supportive GP? I hope some pain relief? In your shoes I think I would be asking to see a physiotherapist ASAP who might be able to help you keep your mobility. Many of our members have been referred to pain clinics - again your GP is the person to refer you.

I am attaching some information about pain which might be of interest while yo wait for someone to come along and tell you their story:

Do keep posting and let us know how you get on.

Best wishes

Ellen

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992

Hi Lucy, I have widespread OA and Degenerative facet joint disease too. I would suggest getting hold of some crutches to help support you, I use them around the house and a wheelchair when out and about which is not often due to the current pandemic and the fact that the DVLA withdrew my driving licence because of my condition. Ask your OT for help, if you don;t have one ask your GP for a referral or check out your hospital website as sometimes you can self-refer.