New to this online chat stuff!

Options
snowis75
snowis75 Member Posts: 5
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:05 in Living with arthritis
:D Hi all,
Although I've been a member of Versusarthritis for some time, I have never posted! Only because I'm not good at chatting online. But with the current world the way it is, I thought I should start!
I have had RA, OA and Ankylosing for many years, I cope, I work full time and I have 4 kids to keep me busy. From an Arthritis perspective I have a lot of experiences and understand the daily differing routines that Arthritis makes us all take. So its about time I used this to help others!
I'm not good at following my own knowledge though!!! On a good day I still push it too far and then pay for it the next day..... hahaha

So I look forward to having some conversation with you all
Thanks Nige

Comments

• Lilymary
    Lilymary Member Posts: 1,740
    Options

Hi Nige, great to hear from you. I’m new to OA, so I’m really being helped by other people’s experiences of how to get through the painful days and what to expect, so feel free to share your knowledge. Or just come here for a natter, pets, kids, weather, the NHS, whatever floats your boat.

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,419
    Options

Hi Nige

Lovely to meet you. I hope you will decide to hang about. It sounds as though you will be a hive of information for us all newbies and established members alike🙂

I see you have already been joining in as this is your first post, but your post count is already 5!

Great

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options

Chatting online is in some ways like any other conversation: someone types something, some times people answer but then in order for the conversation to progress the first person needs to respond: this is often where things grind to a halt. I call it the Alexa factor: you demand, get an answer, no need to respond.

I have PsA, OA and fibro and am 24 years old (arthritically speaking) but in reality 61. I remain happily married despite the pressures of shielding 😉 have no children or pets (through choice and intolerance in any order you please) and cannot be without tea or my cordless vacuums. DD

Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options

Hello, how are you? DD

Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben