How do other people live with it

Options
I have arthritis and fibromyalgia etc iam in alot of pain I take loads of medication how do other people cope with pain and try to enjoy life how

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options

I am more than the disease and it does not define me. 24 years of PsA, OA and fibro have changed how I live my life but will never change what I get from it. I keep pain relief to the minimum because excessive amounts achieve nothing apart from dulling my brain, I exercise to help the rest of me but not in a gym bunny knd of way, I keep myself distracted with interests, hobbies, keeping in touch with friends who are all merrily doing what they usually do, just as I am. The shielding is a little irksome, gawd knows how it will be in the darker days of winter but I will manage because I refuse not to. I inject meth and humira for the PsA, take either 12/500, 30/500 cocodamol or basic paracetamol to dull the sharper edges of the pain, BP meds to deal with a side effect of the humira, a small dose of an anti-depressant and folic acid. It all helps me to make the most of what I have whilst I have it. DD

Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • KazandNoo
    KazandNoo Member Posts: 129
    Options

@frogmorton ,you are so right. Pain,and the meds can be hard,we all understand that here.

I have a range of Qi Gong dvd's,all by the same teacher,the anxiety one is really good.

I was here thinking of what I haven't achieved today instead of what I have done.

We all need to be kinder to ourselves,an online Hotel Chocolat order cheers me up no end!😍

• BJC
    BJC Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Thankyou for your input I do try to do things to focus on other things sometimes the pain is so over whelming t's all I can think of cheers bjc
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,419
    Options

We understand @BJC

Just be kind to yourself if you haven't already been ask your GP to refer you to a pain clinic. they are experts in one thing - PAIN.

Take care ((()))