Turmeric capsules

2»

Comments

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992

I appreciate your standpoint Jooms but once again the article quoted above questions whether inflammation is a cause of OA, it is by no means conclusive and contains words and phrases such as: "it is now thought"; "sometimes detect"; "this indicates"; "may be involved" and so on. As someone who has OA in practically every joint including my spine which has developed over the past 20 years or so I am well aware that inflammation is associated with the condition but it has not been proven to be the cause. Obviously research into OA is continuing and I, like everyone else, hope that the outcome of such research may lead to better drugs that will ease pain and even stop the progression of damage our joints. However I consider that one cannot "hang one's hat" on such potential indicators until such time as the research is regarded by the scientific and medical communities as being conclusive; in doing so prematurely I consider that it may offer false hope and be confusing to say the least. In any event we are some way off getting an answer as the researchers themselves admit, let alone the development and testing of drugs, and I very much doubt whether this will occur in what part of my lifetime I have left. I applaud and encourage continuing research but would caution taking indicators as being evidence.

• Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458

Well said Mike, the answer is to stick to websites that are accountable and who’s research is checked by their peers in medical research?

• jooms
    jooms Member Posts: 39
    edited 16. Aug 2020, 14:00

Mike1 and Airwave

Perhaps you might like to read this ?

[Web link deleted]

This is also a site Versus Arthritis would not recommend, it's best to use sites with .ac or .edu as these are accredited sites carrying out accredited research in the UK and US. YvonneH Admin

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    edited 13. Aug 2020, 03:07
  • N1gel
    N1gel Member Posts: 160

I'm probably tempting fate here 🤞 but three weeks of a daily Turmeric capsule and I'm pleasantly surprised. Of course the joint with Osteoarthritis still hurts if I do anything rash but it seems to recover quicker now. let's see if it lasts.

• What exactly are inflammatory foods?

Effervescent

• Dee50
    Dee50 Member Posts: 6

I take powdered turmeric in the morning with black pepper mixed with a glass of milk and i find it wipes all my pain away great stuff :)

• noddingtonpete
    noddingtonpete Moderator Posts: 983

Need more help? - call our Helpline on0800 5200 520Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• which Turmeric brand is recommended? For what I read it's supposed to be curcumin extract , standardized to 95% curcuminoids.. most of the ones sold in the high street only says turmeric . The ones on Amazon, not sure, I don't trust all reviews