herbal remedies

Hi everyone , I got told last week I have severe arthritis in both feet, I was a keen runner and cardio gym freak, I am 52 years old so try to keep fit as I have a pacemaker , so I know I would be able to use a tens machine , I have was recommend turmeric capsules so I am hoping this will help my pain. I was wondering if there are any other remedies that I could use/take, I am still awaiting an appt with podiatrist due to the covid 19 so I know I may be another few months down the line until I am seen.

many thanks

Mo

Comments

• Poppyjane
    Poppyjane Moderator Posts: 734

@farmerm397

Welcome to the online community

Sorry to hear that you have been told that you have arthritis in your feet, it must have come as shock since you are obviously an active person. You mention that you have been recommended turmeric capsules I enclose a link to this :-

https://www.versusarthritis.org/search?query=Herbal+medicine+Turmeric

The pandemic has caused so many appointments to be delayed and that means a lot of people are having to deal with pains and symptoms for a much longer time than usual. I have sent another link that you might find helpful :-

https://www.versusarthritis.org/search?query=feet

There are many members of the community who have similar problems and will join me in telling you of their experiences with herbal remedies and indeed painful feet.

You could also talk with someone on the Helpline :- 0800 5200 520 Monday - Friday 9.00 a.m. - 8.00 p.m.

We look forward to hearing how you get on with the turmeric capsules.

Take Care

Best wishes

Jane

If it would be helpful to talk to someone ring the Helpline 0800 5200 520

Monday - Friday 9.00a.m. - 6.00p.m.

• KazandNoo
    KazandNoo Member Posts: 129
    Try Omega 3 fish oil 👍👍
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332

Hi @farmerm397

Welcome to the community from me too. Sorry about your feet and extra sorry that you will have a delay waiting to see a podiatrist when you want to keep moving.

The only thing I do is make sure my vitamin D levels are good enough and a vegan multivitamin too. I did try things when I first started with joint pain Glucosamine, chondroitin?, but didn't find much helps. Turmeric is very much part of my diet anyway along with garlic and to me there is no harm trying anything so long as it does no harm!

I am sure you won't be interested in this if you are a 'proper' sportperson 🙂But Ifound changing my footwear has helped me a lot. There are lots of makes, but the ones I use most are hotter and skechers.

Take care

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992

There is one herbal remedy but it is not legal .................yet hopefully!

• KazandNoo
    KazandNoo Member Posts: 129

I know the one you mean Mike1,fingers crossed it soon will be!