Hip&Leg pain

Options
LindaK
LindaK Member Posts: 11

Hi everyone i hope you all are keeping ok.

I am still in constant pain waiting for hip surgery ( three years ) if there is anyone waiting for the same operation and has the pain radiating down the leg too .. i have spoke to GP i have just been given a higher dose of morphine Patch which is not doing any good for me and i think it's making my pain worse to be honest.

Thanks LindaK ... keep safe

Comments

• Lilymary
    Lilymary Member Posts: 1,740
    edited 24. Jul 2020, 22:40
    Options

Me too. Hip to ankle, and all stations in between. I hate it. I’m not allowed morphine as it clashes with other meds, i’m on cocodamol and naproxen. After a couple of months of this and pain continuing to get worse, I was getting desperate but GP said there’s not much more we can offer. But I have to say it’s Settled down a bit lately and I’ve even been able to reduce the dose some days. It’s bearable so long as I don’t do anything challenging, but I had a long hard day at work last Friday and it took 5 days of near inactivity for the pain levels to drop again 😖. I’ve noticed my limp is getting far worse too, I’m rolling around like an old galleon.

3 years is an awful long time to wait. Do you know why?

• Field79
    Field79 Member Posts: 5
    Options

I have hip pain and ankle but I also get a numbness in my foot not sure if this is because a nerve is being pressed on by the swelling in either of the joints. Was wondering if anybody else has this