Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

Hip&Leg pain

Hi everyone i hope you all are keeping ok.

I am still in constant pain waiting for hip surgery ( three years ) if there is anyone waiting for the same operation and has the pain radiating down the leg too .. i have spoke to GP i have just been given a higher dose of morphine Patch which is not doing any good for me and i think it's making my pain worse to be honest.

Thanks LindaK ... keep safe

Comments

• LilymaryLilymary Posts: 274 ✭✭✭
    edited 24. Jul 2020, 22:40

Me too. Hip to ankle, and all stations in between. I hate it. I’m not allowed morphine as it clashes with other meds, i’m on cocodamol and naproxen. After a couple of months of this and pain continuing to get worse, I was getting desperate but GP said there’s not much more we can offer. But I have to say it’s Settled down a bit lately and I’ve even been able to reduce the dose some days. It’s bearable so long as I don’t do anything challenging, but I had a long hard day at work last Friday and it took 5 days of near inactivity for the pain levels to drop again 😖. I’ve noticed my limp is getting far worse too, I’m rolling around like an old galleon.

3 years is an awful long time to wait. Do you know why?