Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

C1 in neck occipital atlantial joint

Just been told the problems with my neck is C1 joint occipital atlantial joint is causing me all the pain. I have been seen by a osteopath to try to help me so will see how I am over the next few days . I haven’t had any injury to this area could this be another arthritis issue ? I have OA in my hands just diagnosed . .
Anyone else have this and did you find anything that really helps you ?

Answers

• Mike1Mike1 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭✭

I have OA in my neck (as well as everywhere else) and a detached disc, I wear a front fastening soft cervical collar when my neck is not otherwise supported, by being in my recliner for example, which helps.

• This is interesting. I've had a v iffy neck for many years - hurts doing breaststroke, spent a lot of money on pillows (ongoing). Diagnosed in maturity with osteoarthritis, then rheumatoid arthritis. Seized up with pain ++, x-ray showed significant problem. Head & neck feel like that old children's game where a wooden ball is balanced on a wooden scoop, with no cushioning whatsoever! I get by by being v careful in exercise sessions, besides meds. Good luck to you. Please keep in touch.