Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

Hobbies

LindaKLindaK Posts: 11 ✭

Morning to all, it's a bit of a rainy day here in Hull .. i thought i would do some card craft and maybe a bit of sewing later in the day ... i've got a few xmas orders so on rainy days well most days really i do my Hobbies to pass time way and also to take my mind off my aches & pains ... what do you do to pass the time away ?πŸ™‡β€β™€οΈ

Comments

• frogmortonfrogmorton Posts: 25,799 ✭✭✭

I have a variety of things i do dependent on weather and how I feel health wise.

My favourite things are gardening probably and seeing friends - which you slightly can't do so easily atm πŸ™„

I also listen to Audio books on walks or when gardening.

I like cooking if I'm in the right frame of mind (and body).

I do jigsaws and knit as well as doing a little craft fairly badly!

Love

Toni xxx
  • Mike1Mike1 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭✭

Apart from watching TV from about 4am till gone midnight I do a variety of things in about 10 - 20 minute bursts as that is all I can manage until I need to rest. Indoor train layout; outdoor raised train layout; making models; making bird tables and boxes; reading; playing scrabble on my old Nintendo DS. Oh, and feeding the cat when she tells me!

• N1gelN1gel Posts: 63 ✭

For anyone into jigsaw puzzles The Victoria Art Gallery in Bath have made online jigsaw puzzles out of some of their pictures free! and when you've done them all you can start again (increasing the number of pieces by using the 'play as' button top right).

My 80 yo parents love them. No more lost or dropped pieces! (I love them too btw)

Just google 'The Victoria Art Gallery Bath'

PS the app they've used takes you to hundreds of other jigsaw puzzles.

• LilymaryLilymary Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

@N1gel That could get horribly additive....

• MistyblueMistyblue Posts: 6 ✭

I did crochet in last Lockdown but can't seem to get into it this time but now my pain is more under control plan to make some baby baby thing for 2 new babies due in our family in February 2021

edited 21. Nov 2020, 06:26

oooh! babies due in 2021 - should be a far better year @Mistyblue for them to arrive

It's been more difficult to 'do' this 'lockdown' it not being quite a full one I think.

Love

Toni xxx
  • ShaphronShaphron Posts: 31 ✭

I like painting models - normally wargame ones. There's small and interesting, and I get to do whatever I like with them.

I too have struggled to make the most of this lockdown - mostly because my work isn't actually closed this lockdown. It's not an essential, but this lockdown has been a lot lighter, so things are still running as normal. Not impressed, as this meant that we still caught covid at the beginning of the lockdown - from other people in my partner's work. The fact that we're not working from home and still have to go in to work (apart from the isolation period for covid) has made this basically not a lockdown for us - it's been exactly the same as no lockdown.

If in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

• LilymaryLilymary Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

Love it!

• EllenEllen Posts: 278 mod

You should go on 'bake-off' Yvonne! I am very impressed with that cake πŸ˜‹

I love him @YvonneH no way could I cut him though and eat him 😫

Reminds me of when our girls were little and my bro also had 3 girls...one of them had cake with a lot of blue dye in it - you should have seen their ...erm...'motions'😳 yep BLUE!

Shouldn't have that problem with your wonderful creation though😊

Love

Toni xxx