Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

However your life is impacted by arthritis we want to understand more about you so that we can make sure we continue to develop our information, support and services such as the online community.

If you've not already, please take 5 -10 minutes to fill in our survey. All information you provide will remain anonymous and be treated in the strictest confidence. TAKE OUR SURVEY

Ministry of silly walks?

LilymaryLilymary Posts: 264 ✭✭✭

Sometimes it helps to find the humour in our arthritis-modified lives.

i was half way across the road and a van was approaching a bit faster than I had reckoned. So me and my stick put on a bit of a spurt, then end result having far more to do with avant garde modern dance than human perambulation. Heaven knows what the van driver thought!

Comments

• Mike1Mike1 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭
  • frogmortonfrogmorton Posts: 25,231 ✭✭✭

We all do it Lilymary😂

My husband and me call it 'trip trapping' at least you showed willing!

Great pics Mike I am 2nd row 2nd one in!!!!

Love

Toni xxx
  • I recently posted that I had started to wear a ‘lower back support belt’, I have now got a little further down the line with it and can report that my walking style has improved. The ‘funny walk’ I believe, comes from attempting to walk without pain, this is where the belt comes in, you can get one of these on-line for very little outlay, so what’s to lose?

• LilymaryLilymary Posts: 264 ✭✭✭

Haha Mike, I could only do the first move in that sequence!