Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

Knee MRI and fed up

Hi all,

I seem to be having a huge flare up of osteoarthritis in my knee. This might be because I’ve been overdoing it as it was going well. Went away and had some nice walks , and had to climb a lot of stairs. Never had a flare up like this before

Rather fed up as I’m only 51 and limping around. Work terrible as I’m a midwife. Feeling a tad sorry for myself today, sorry. Icing it as we speak .

Just had yet another phone consult with an advanced physio practitioner, who’s going to refer me for a MRI.

Forgot to ask him, it’s just the lower end of the body which goes in for a knee MRI isn’t it? ( Im rather claustrophobic)

Thank you for listening ❤️

Tagged:

Comments

• Mike1Mike1 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭

I think it is the lower end of the body, suppose it depends whether the Radiologist has a hangover and puts you in the other way round.

• ChrisChris Posts: 15

Hi coffeecup. I have had  couple of MRI scans on my knee at both were jus t he lower limb type, they are quite noisy and take about 10-15 minutes, they give you ear defenders and ask you to stay as still as possible. The first one I had over 5 years ago I wasn't in as much pain as I am now and a fell asleep found it strangely relaxing. Good luck with yours.