Fibromyalgia pain and RA

I'm suddenly in chronic pain all over my body.....nothing makes it go away just takes the edge off....I'm on methotrexate injections for RA but my feet...hands and elbows are killing and nearly everywhere on my body hurts to touch.....anything i can do apart from medication to help with pain...I'm very active and eat healthy and have been sheilding.....

Comments

• YvonneH
    YvonneH Member Posts: 1,076

Dear @lornab

Welcome to the online community, it's great to see you. You have now added fibromyalgia to your cocktail of hangers-on, and it's not going well.

I have fibromyalgia too and it's not always as bad as you are finding it right now. It can flare rather like the arthritis family, and while it is I tend to take pain relief - my best is paracetamol which goes well with the Tramodol I take regularly. Then it's time to be nice to yourself, gentle stretches are good and as much distraction as you can.

Here's the link to fibromyalgia from our website

Do let us know how you get on, if you haven't already it's worth chatting to your GP and see what they advise. Looking forward to hearing from you soon

Take care

Yvonne x