Fibro

I don’t have a definite diagnosis of fibro as in the referral queue! I have practically every symptom though and so far all blood tests have come back as normal. So it’s leaning that way.
Just wondered if anyone else gets shaky hands and legs feeling weak? It’s really frustrating trying to do simple things and feeling it alot of the time!

Comments

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992

I too have all the symptoms and when I went to my GP he stated that there was no specific test for Fibromyalgia and that I would have to go through 6-12 months of tests for other things, if all negative then it would suggest that I do have fibro on top of everything else. However he said that it was a waste of time in his opinion as "it would only be another label" and my meds wouldn't change so I was not referred.

• nj235
    nj235 Member Posts: 12
    I’ve been referred but have been told it’s going to be slow until I get an appt due to Covid thinners are obviously not back to ‘normal’. It would be a label I guess but I’d also like to know why I feel so awful and have a diagnosis even if it is just through exclusion
  • Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992

I agree that a diagnosis would be welcome to explain how one is feeling and I continue to ask about it when I visit the GP. I am pleased that your GP has referred you and I wish mine would!

• N1gel
    N1gel Member Posts: 160

Hi @Chrisk I'm a bit puzzled why you're referring me to this article? did you mean someone else?

Regards