Autoimmume Hoarder

Nin
Nin Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:05 in Living with arthritis

Hi my name is Melanie I am 45 years old and was first diagnosed with seronegative rheumatoid arthritis in 2012.

Since then I have collected Autoimmune Hepatitis, Primary Biliary Sclerosis, Raynaud's, IBS, Mastocytosis, Perforated nasal septum (still to be diagnosed with a name), borderline diabetic and possible Hashimoto's and MS.

As you can imagine I am a real bundle of laughs๐Ÿ˜‚and rainbows ๐ŸŒˆ

Then today which has prompted this thread I attended for my rituximab infusion to be told it has to be stopped as I have too many reactions and side effects and were back to deciding the old faithful...where next???

So anyhow I thought I'd pop in and say hi to my fellow hoarders xx

Comments

• Brynmor
    Brynmor Member Posts: 1,755

Hi @Nin welcome to the Online Community, lovely to see you here.

That is quite a collection of diagnoses you have managed to gather together all in one place - an autoimmune Hoarder indeed! ๐Ÿ˜„

Looking at the information on rituximab, I'm not surprised that too many reactions and side effects would mean you need to stop taking the drug! Finding the right combination of treatments can take quite some time.

Do join in across the Community, ask questions, give advice and support, and call in to chat and let us know how you are getting on.

All best wishes

Brynmor

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697

Hi Nin. Crikey, I applaud your sang frond and lighthearted attitude but, even so, you have a great deal on your plate. My only autoimmune diseases are RA and asthma. You make me feel very lucky.

I think those of us who have inherited an autoimmune tendency can be prone to quite an array of diseases but I've not come across anyone with so many. I do hope help will soon be restored in one form or another.

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332

Multiple diagnoses abound on this forum @Nin but I rather think you may have a fair few more than most! You sound as though you have a good attitude which always helps at least.

What bad news about your rituximab though๐Ÿ˜• you must feel really despondent - back to the drawing board then ๐Ÿ™„

Do come along in and see who is where chatting and join in wherever you like we are a friendly group and will make you welcome!

Take care