Hi there, I’m Fiona, 49, live in Scotland. I work as a nanny looking after 3 young children.
I was diagnosed with osteoarthritis in my thumbs a few years ago and tried a lot of different medications before being referred to a consultant for cortisone injections. These work for around 4-6 months. Unfortunately I am now well overdue because of the situation we are currently in and I’m struggling. The pain is now affecting my whole hands. I also now have confirmed OA in my left shoulder and in recent months my right shoulder has started becoming painful also. Most days my whole body aches and I’m just constantly in pain and feeling really down.
I constantly put on a happy face so others don’t know how bad it is, so I’m looking forward to chatting with others who know how this feels.
- 8.1K All Categories
- 732 Welcome
- 3.8K Say Hello
- 16 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 21 Feedback and ideas
- 39.2K Our Community
- 2.9K Living with arthritis
- 567 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 183 Work and financial support
- 365 Young people's community
- Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 27 My Triumphs
- 111 Let's Move
- 248 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 495 Chat and News
- 26 Val's Cafe
- 231 Chit chat
- 214 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe