Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

Updates to the Online Community
We are updating the Online Community on Sunday 24th January. You can read the details about the update here.

Please advise me on benefits

I’ve been on and off of work now for 2 years with dr notes about the pain in my spine and arthritis in my hip. I have 3 dehydrated discs, a fracture in a disc as well as a disc on a nerve. I also have my arthritis in my hip and they are thinking my knee. I was a teaching assistant and when I could go back to work I was only doing 2 hours a day as that’s what occupational health told me. I had to give up my job in Feb as I’ve been in so much pain and I didn’t think it was fair and as I was on SSP for nearly 12 months my money would stop. Is there anything I can claim benefit wise? Would PIP be an option for me as my husband does occasionally need to help dress and undress me, I have mobility issues and I sometimes cannot get in and out of the shower on my own. Any advice would be great.

thank you


Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.